Your Most Authoritative Portal for Ghanaian Football

GPL Transfers: Bechem shift attention to Amed Toure, Hans Kwofie

After sealing a deal for defender Alfred Nelson, Bechem United have revealed focusing on signing two more players in midfield and attack before the Ghana Premier League second registration window closes at the end of May.

The club’s Operations Manager, Francis Addae says management is strictly acting on the request made by head coach Matthias Zacharias

“Our coach has made a request for a player each in defense, midfield and attack. That is what we are working with now. 

“We have signed a six months contract with defender Alfred Nelson so we’re sorted in that area. We will be registering him on Monday (today).

The Operations Manager also revealed abandoning the pursuit of former Raja Casablanca forward Nathaniel Asamoah. He reveals the Hunters are almost done with an agreement to sign Amed Toure who was released by Kotoko at the end of last season.

“For the attack, we began talks with Nathaniel Asamoah, we were expecting him and his agent here but they never showed up and we cannot keep waiting. 

“We moved on to contact Amed Toure and he is ready to join us. I can say talks are far advanced to about 80%. The rest of the 20% is his coming to Ghana to come and sign with his agent.”

Bechem United are also looking to seal a deal for a midfielder who has been revealed to be free agent Hans Kwofie. According to Mr. Addai, “we are just beginning talks with Hans Kwofie” who was recent linked to Asante Kotoko.

Bechem lost 0-1 in their match day 13 game against regional rivals Berekum Chelsea over the weekend. They now lie 13th on the log with 14 points.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More