Your Most Authoritative Portal for Ghanaian Football

Hasaacas 4-2 Techiman City: Bekoe hits brace on home debut

Ghana Premier League returnee, Eric Bekoe announced his comeback to home fans with a brace to help Sekondi Hasaacas beat Techiman City on Saturday. 

The Sekondi-based club survived a comeback scare after seeing the visiting Premier League new boys cut down an initial three-goal lead. City scored two successive goals to give themselves some hope of pulling a draw but that was dashed by a late on as Hasaacas collected all three points with a 4-2 outcome in the entertaining match day 2 fixture at the Essipong Stadium.

After dominating play in the early stages of the first half, Amos Korankye shot the hosts in the lead with a stunning free-kick on the 7th minute. The right back was highly influential for Hasaacas’ survival last season, and had big clubs chasing his signature, including Kotoko.

The visitors picked up the pieces and started to find their equalizer by stringing passes together for a short while, with the home side largely dominating play afterwards.

Hasaacas’ dominance later paid off on the 39th minute when the referee awarded them a penalty a second penalty. Former Kotoko leading striker, Eric Bekoe stepped up and sent the keeper the wrong way to register his first goal of the season.

Five minutes earlier, goalkeeper Razak Ibrahim who was voted the best keeper in division one last season saved Daniel Egyir’s penalty when Kojo Poku was brought down in the penalty box, but had no antidote this time as he picked the wrong spot.

The home side ended the first half with a two-goal advantage.

Back from recess, Hasaacas continued from where they left. Four minutes into the second half, they increased their tally to 3-0 as Bekoe whacked in a thunder bolt strike from a well rehearsed free kick to grab his brace and send the game beyond the Real Citizens.

The visitors brought on Yusif Agyarku for Kamal A. Rahman shortly afterwards. City began winning all the 50-50 balls and started to dominate in the second half.

Baba Mahama weaved through the defence of the home side to play Roger Nortey through as he coolly struck home to reduce the deficit on the 58th minute.

Baba Mahama who had been a thorn in the flesh of Hasaacas defense further reduced the deficit eight minutes after to peg the score at 3-2.

The home side was nearly stunned as Issaka Ibrahim’s lob ball over keeper Geroge Owu struck the side post. A big miss, and a nail biting moment for the Doo Boys.

In the dying embers of the game, Samuel Afful set up former Liberty Professionals player, Ernest Papa Arko as he connected in a cross to help Hasaacas maintain their two goal lead.

Roger Nortey’s superb second half substitute display earned him the man-of-the match award.



Hasaacas XI: George Owu – Amos Korankye, Daniel Agyin (c), Kingsley Adjei, Emmanuel Ankobeah – Eric Adu Poku, John Acheampong, Fatawu Mohammed – Eric Bekoe, Samuel Afful, Richmond Opoku

Techiman City XI: Razak Iddrisu – Fred Boateng, Llee Frank Yeboah, Augustine Opoku, Okyere Sarpong, Isaac Baah, Baba Mahama, Bright Nsiah, Kamal Abdul Rahman, Ibrahim Issaka, Fatawu Abdul Rahman

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More